Saturday, June 30, 2012

Versatile Blogger Award

This week I received my first blog award nomination, and feel quite honored! My new foodie friend over at Just Add Cayenne nominated me for this award, and I am really grateful to him for thinking of me! I love his site - it is full of healthy cooking and eating tips. I hope everyone checks it out!! Since I've received the nomination, I've had a lot more traffic on my site, and I think it's a really fun way for bloggers to interact, and learn about other blogs. I love meeting people who share the same passion for food that I have, and want to thank everyone for the support!
Here are the things that go along with the honor of receiving this award:
  • Thank the Blogger who nominated you.
  • Include a link to their site.
  • Include the award image to your post.
  • Include the award image on your blog.
  • Give 7 random facts about yourself.
  • Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award, including links to their sites
  • Let those bloggers know they have been nominated
So, here goes with the rest...

7 Random Leah Facts
* One of my favorite things about cooking is creating something beautiful. Instead of a paint brush, I use a pan and fresh food. I have a huge love affair with all things aesthetically pleasing - fashion, home decor, art, and dance, to name a few!

* I was a ballet dancer for 14 years. I still have a few moves, but I'm really out of shape now, haha.

* This isn't about me, but people always find it surprising that my brother is a tattoo artist. Maybe because I'm pretty clean cut, and he's wayyy cooler than me. He also makes beautiful paintings and does computer animation. Check out his work here. (And yes, I have one tattoo.)

* My dream job is having a food show because I love telling stories, teaching, and cooking. Someday it's going to happen.

* We all have guilty pleasures. Mine at the moment are The Bachelorette (only because I know someone who was on the show, I promise), "Call Me Maybe," and jelly beans.

* My favorite kitchen gadget is my blow torch, and one that is currently at the top of my "wish list" is an ice cream maker. 

* I was a pretty strange kid. When I was 8, my favorite channel was BBC. No one got my jokes. To this day, there are certain phrases I still prefer with a British accent, and have a lingering "quirky" sense of humor. Around 10, I became obsessed with office supplies, and would beggg my parents to take me to Office Depot. I had a decked out desk featuring an intense filing system (no files) and business card holders (no business cards). This may explain a lot.

My Nominations for Versatile Blogger
These are a few blogs that inspire me with wonderful and diverse dishes. I hope you check them out!

* Fresh, Local, and Best
* Ellen B Cookery
* Peas & Crayons
* One Perfect Bite
* Chop to Change
* Because of Madalene
* Adventures in my Kitchen
* Beer. Butter. Bacon.
* The Art of Cooking Real Food
* Une-deux Senses
* Angie's Recipes
* A Feast for the Eyes
* Feed Your Soul
* The Corner Kitchen
* All That I'm Eating

And that's all she wrote. For those I've nominated, you'll be hearing from me soon!

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your well-deserved award and thank you for passing it onto me and others.It really is appreciated. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and thank you for passing it onto me too!

    Have a great Sunday!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nomination! You have a great blog. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for including my blog. Funny about the BBC channel, if I had access to it I would have watched it all the time too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the nomination (or as we bloggers call it "the shout"). By the way, I still loving shopping at office supply stores. When I was 10 years old, I asked for an adding machine for my birthday. Weird, huh? I just dated myself, as nowadays it's a calculator. D'oh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your award. You deserve it and thank you for nominating me too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your award!! Thanks so much for nominating me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honored to be on your list! Love your random facts, I can relate to a couple. :)

    Christina
    www.becauseofmadalene.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the award...sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete